Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Vow for my Friends

I am officially in mid-life crisis, I guess. I am confronted more and more of dreams undone. Partially finished projects clutter my desktop. Great friends and memories crowd my mind, but when is the last time I called?

Well, that dogged determination that got me through single parenthood is carrying me through...again. In my middle age, I finally picked up Covey's book on Effectiveness. I am building new habits and making fresh vows. One new habit, which is working out very well, is to designate a day a week to those activities I say I value most. Frienships are right up there on my priority list. So I've dedicated my Fridays to check up on old friends. It's worked wonderfully. I've reconnected with a few of my cherished friends and reminded them - in person - that I think they are great people.

It's not enough to let the influence of their great qualities and past memories jangle inside my head. I will continue to build and renew on those great relationships.