After several days of effort, I discovered that I had failed to give myself access to the records I created! When I updated the permissions to the folder, my searches worked.
I rate this test as a conditional PASS
I am still testing Alfresco's ability to conduct boolean searches.
- In addition, the search results can be customized to show us the elements we want to see, and in the order we want to see them.
- Successful searches can be saved and re-used. This allows us the flexibility to build reports as needed to perform RIM functions (such as folders due for review or disposal) without having to customize Alfresco, or start an IT ticket for a custom report.
- Note that depending on the permissions set-up, different users will obtain different results based on their rights. A user without permission will not even receive notice that the record exists. This is good.
- Insist on a product with great search features. Test it out for yourself.
- Test your own system regularly and follow up for the cause for any failed searches.
- The ability to find what you need is critical to the trust of any repository.
- Add help screens to describe wildcard and boolean searches.
DOD 5015.2 Features C126.96.36.199.2 to C188.8.131.52.5, relating to the GARP principle 5, Availability.